Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day #4

A new development today. My oncologist called me into his office to let me know that they change the administering of the rays from eight to four angles, but (as far as I understand) by using wider angles. He sounded a little fuzzy... I will see him again on Monday and will clarify some of my thoughts on the issue. For now I did not find anything specific about the benefits of some angles over others, just an article in The Journal of Medical Physics on intensity modulated therapy. But I also found a great factsheet at the National Cancer Institute, where they explain the whole radiation process in great detail with proper explanations. Yet, my questions are not answered there. Till Monday then...

Otherwise I am still all right, I did not have any nausea today (that earlier one was probably due to food issues), and no diarrhea yet, although I do seem to have a minor leakage problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment