Monday, July 25, 2011

Day #6

The sessions seem to be getting even shorter, just one buzz from each of the four angles. It makes me worried, though, that given the total prescribed amount of radiation, each buzz must now equal twenty of the shorter buzzes of the eight angle sessions. I would have liked to discuss this with the doctor today, but he was very much behind. Even after I was told that I am next and was ushered into an examination room, I still had to wait over half an hour for my turn. He asked about the side effects, and he said that he was happy that I still did not develop nausea and diarrhea. Then, after a few sentences, he stood up, said good bye and left.

From the technician girls I found out that we are using intensity modulated therapy, that the linear accelerator produces high energy x-rays which then "sterilizes" the area the radiation covers.

After the session I did have the low abdominal pain again, and a funny feeling in the vaginal area, a cobwebby sensation as if the vagina became very dry, which of course is not the case. The sensation lasted about an hour, gradually diminishing. I also had several bowel movements over the day, looser than normal, even though I do not take milk of magnesia the night before any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment