Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day #5 and Weekend #1

I had the last session of the week on Friday afternoon. The new set of angles made quite a bit of difference in the side effects. It is obvious that having a wider area irradiated creates more collateral damage. I developed a low, rumbling abdominal pain, something not unlike an oncoming period. The effects of the bowels manifest not so much in loosened stool but an increase in gas. Today (Sunday) I embarrassed myself by passing a little whistle during dinner, at the table... I had to reach for something across the table and... oops...

But the biggest problems are a) I am tired and b) I don't seem to be able to get rid of the food sensitivity problem that I developed after the CT scan. I am definitely sensitive to gluten, but today, for example, I did not have any wheat, yet I have quite a dramatic attack. Just like during the reaction to the dye, both my arms, the outsides, are covered with bubbly hives, and the same for the front area of my neck. We are out of Benadryl, so I took a Reactine, but it did not do much. I am still scratching furiously as we speak.

Tomorrow I have a session scheduled with my oncologist and I will bring the issue up, although I did talk about this to him on Thursday and he did not seem to know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment