Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brachy 1

Yesterday I had the first session of brachytherapy. It was relatively easy, except for the ignominy of having a tube shoved up into my privates... The radiation is not supposed to worsen the bladder or the intestinal problems because the affects of the irradiation (as they said) has a tiny range. Yet, at the end of the session they held up a Geiger counter against my belly and nodded, indicating that it was the right amount that I got administered. That made me suspicious, after all if it can be measure outside the body then it must have some effect on the surrounding organs.

The rest of the day was not different than the previous days in the past week. I do feel weakened, although my muscles themselves are obviously not weaker. Today, almost 34 hours later I was suddenly hit by a low level pelvic floor pain, almost like a menstrual cramp, making my teeth hurt and making me slightly nauseous. Plus, since then I feel a burning sensation all along the vaginal walls. I will have to ask them tomorrow to have a look. I suppose this is the inflammation that may (will?) cause the stenosis (the narrowing of the whole vagina)...

No comments:

Post a Comment