Monday, August 15, 2011

Day #20

The symptoms of radiation side effects started to catch up with me. I may have reduced the enteritis problem but my bladder is getting a lot of abuse instead. Now I have sudden urges, painful voiding, and overall sensitivity in the whole lower abdomen.

I also had my meeting today with the doctor who will do the brachytherapy. I was measured and given some information about the procedure. The measurement involved the insertion of a tube quite similar to the one that will be used during the treatment. It produced some minor abrasions both inside and outside in spite of big gobs of lubricating gel, probably because of increased sensitivity of the whole area. This then made peeing a bit more painful by producing a burning sensation around the labia.

I found a good site where they explain the usual amount of radiation one is given both for the external and the intravaginal radiation treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment