Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day #11

Today I had an unusually bad urticaria incident. Both my arms and around the collar area on my neck the little bumps that have been lingering ever since my CT scan reaction, have flared up, turned red and made me scratch furiously for several hours. Unfortunately I ran out of Benadryl and, being a kind of anti-medication person, I opted for just riding the attack out.

I have absolutely no idea what causes these flare-ups. I did have a slight sensitivity to wheat, eggplants, chocolate before, which manifested in small bubbles on my fingers (dermatitis herpetiformis), but I keep away from all of these. The bumps now cover a large area on my arms from the elbow down, plus around my neck. And they did not disappear. Even when they are not itchy, I can feel them when I run my fingers along these areas, and if the light shines on my arms at a certain angle, they are actually visible.

If anybody here reading this could shed some light on this lingering problem, I would very much appreciate your input...

No comments:

Post a Comment