Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Update #1

An important milestone: I had the first normal bowel movement in over a month. I did have a few more softer ones during the day, but that first one of the day felt goood! It also put my mind to rest as far as my concerns about possible chronic colitis go. I mean, there is always a chance that some degree of unusual bathroom habits may linger on, but today was already close enough to normalcy with which I can live.

I still have bladder sensitivity, urgency, and vaginal burning (I did not use the dilator - ahem, dildo - yet). I also still have the occasional moments of weakness, a sensation akin to near fainting. And the rash on my forearms, originally triggered by the CT scan dye two months ago, is still alive and well. Yesterday I actually developed some dime size welts which are still there, although getting paler and not itchy any more. If I get better in a few days I will go see my family doctor. Maybe we should consult an immunologist...

No comments:

Post a Comment