Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day #21

In spite of all the precautions the symptoms of radiation sickness are catching up with me. Because of the overly sensitive bladder my son suggested to maybe let the intestines protect it a bit, not pull them out of the way just for one day, or else I may end up with severe chronic cystitis. I felt that he has a point, so today I let everything stay in its natural position. Well... within hours I started to run. By now my hemorrhoids are swollen, I feel raw, even though I washed myself carefully after every washroom visit. On the other hand, my bladder is really a bit more relaxed. The pain is not as sharp as it was yesterday. The burning sensation that I felt as a result of abrasions after the sizing has subsided by early evening today, so at least that is out of the way. Except, I will be anticipating it after the brachytherapy.

Tip: do not use baby bottom creams for the raw anal area, like Zincofax or Penaten. They may actually make things worse. The best is to just use a simple petroleum jelly (Vaseline).

No comments:

Post a Comment