Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend #4

On Saturday I had a very bad allergic reaction to something. My arms are still covered with red itchy welts, actually the arm itself is swollen. The morning started with a couple of very urgent BMs, of almost diarrhea consistency, but then by noon I was perfectly OK. Whether the two had anything to do with each other, I have no idea. Otherwise I felt quite strong all day, except for a short period while sitting in the hot car for some 20 minutes, waiting for my husband.

Today the day started the same way, with the explosive BMs and then fine for the rest of the day. But the pelvic floor seems to be more sensitive than usual, my belly is extended a bit, and urinating is quite painful. It is not the urethra, I do not have an infection, but as the bladder collapses it produces a painful tweak. The only way I can reduce this somewhat is by stopping and restarting the flow, releasing in two or three batches. I have the impression that the whole floor area is inflamated, causing a general sense of malaise.

I found a few articles on urinary problems during and after radiation: [1], [2], [3].

No comments:

Post a Comment